- Sunday, 31 July 2016 17:17
In addition to a dearth of worthy estate planning news, it has been a busy and awesome two weeks. Two concerts, a soccer game in Columbus, business trip to Cleveland, and usual bike rides. With all of that, Jack’s smile is the highlight of the past two weeks. Post to follow.
- Sunday, 12 June 2016 23:13
Just returned from a week in the Caribbean. The British Virgin Islands are special. Post to follow soon. Meanwhile, here is the family pic from Cooper Island Beach Club.
- Wednesday, 25 February 2015 08:37
The NYT reported about the revival of downtown Cincinnati real estate. If you are from out of town, come visit us. If you are from Cincinnati, brag about us. It is a great time to be a Cincinnatian.
- Wednesday, 07 January 2015 19:39
Following up on a post from last year, Casey Kasem’s widow finally buried his remains several weeks ago in Norway. He supposedly had wished to be buried in LA, but she shipped his unembalmed (and malodorous) remains to Norway because she had ancestors from there.
Three quick points:
1. Unembalmed and rotting remains in a foreign country are difficult to autopsy for purposes of determining elder abuse.
2. The alleged Norwegian ancestral ties of a second wife should be unimportant in determining the burial site of an American of Lebanese descent.
3. Perhaps the widow’s Norwegian ancestors are the trolls important in Norwegian folklore.
- Sunday, 23 February 2014 17:27
No celebrity wills and probate today, instead a bit of love for Cincinnati. National Geographic Traveler noticed all of the energy and happenings in town from 21 C Hotel to OTR and from Rhinegeist Brewery to the American Sign Museum. A former NYC resident now living in town said, “Cincinnati has gone from musty to must see.” So true. Walk taller and with your chest out, Cincinnati.