- Wednesday, 13 March 2019 22:30
As the father of a 23 year old daughter, the father of a son who suffered a concussion two years ago while competing in cross country, and as a recreational cyclist, Kelly’s death hits particularly close. I have three quick points:
1. Take concussions seriously. Give the brain all the time it needs to heal. It might be a long time but that is relative.
2. Help your children manage internal pressure (although it seems Kelly put incredible pressure on herself to succeed) and relieve it as much as possible. In the long run, the source of perceived pressure is likely not that important.
3. Hug your children tonight and tell them you love them.
Photo Credit: Wil Matthews
License: Fair Use/Education (from linked article).
- Wednesday, 31 May 2017 17:13
Seven guys, 38 miles, four squares (Mt. Lookout, Hyde Park, Glendale, and Fountain), 2 states, and $1,750 raised for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
I hope you enjoyed the holiday.