- Thursday, 20 September 2018 21:20
Elaine Chao, the U.S. Secretary of Transportation, used my conference room today while waiting for a meeting to start down the hall. She was in town to discuss transportation issues with Congressman Chabot and representatives from Uber, Red Bike, and the Chamber of Commerce among others. She and her staff were incredibly gracious.
- Tuesday, 21 August 2018 22:12
When Aretha Franklin died last week after a long battle with pancreatic cancer, she allegedly did not leave a will. She is survived by her four sons, one of whom has special needs, who will receive equal shares of her estate. Her niece asked to be appointed as representative of her $80 million estate. Aretha’s copyright attorney told reporters that when there is no will, “there will always end up being a fight.”
Some points of relevant interest:
1. No one wins a long battle with pancreatic cancer. See Jobs, Steve. Prepare a will.
2. When a woman dies without a will, there should not be much to dispute because there are no illegitimate children to contest heirship.
3. The niece’s fee for serving as personal rep. could be $1.6 million. One of the sons should have dibs on this role.
4. Surprisingly, Madonna did not ask to be appointed as personal representative.
Photo Credit: Jae C. Hong/AP
License: Fair Use/Education (from linked article)
- Monday, 20 August 2018 10:40
Janice and I dropped Jack at Ohio State on Saturday, closing the “married with children at home” chapter of our lives. He did not take the super hero lunch box.
- Wednesday, 08 August 2018 21:11
Jeff Richardson is a New Orleans attorney who writes a blog named iPhoneJD. He posts about matters concerning iPhones (and other iOS devices) and the practice of law. He asked me to write a post about the apps I prefer. Because I have too much free time, I obliged.