In a slow week in celebrity estate news, the only newsworthy item is an NYT article about cryonics and a young woman who had her brain preserved upon her death from cancer 2 years ago. To raise the $80K needed to pay for the freezing of her brain until her brain can be brought back to life in the future, she and her boyfriend posted a plea on Reddit. A post-death brain scan has shown that the chemo-preservatives needed to protect her brain from ice damage only reached the outer level of her brain.
Several points, mostly dorm room existential:
1. If you could be brought back to life, but everyone you knew had died, would you still want to be brought back?
2. If you are the boyfriend and your long dead girlfriend was brought back to life, would you leave your current spouse and family to be with her?
3. If 80% of your dead girlfriend’s brain is damaged by the freezing, would she still be the person you would want to be with?
4. Would Bill Clinton preserve Hillary’s brain? Or vice versa? I think we all know this answer.
5. If the young woman ever wanted Ted Williams’ autograph, or to meet Walt Disney, cryopreservation was her only hope.